Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bitten off more than I can chew?

I started this blog to get a bit of relief from the persona I was inspired to create. To reveal who I am...but the fact is that by the end of a morning of housework and writing, I am too tired to be who I am. I want only to go to my comfy chair, put up my feet and take a ten minute nap instead of watching the coveted 'design and rearrange' portion of a favorite decorating tv program. I am too tired to be me. What does that say about me?

So this morning, I've taken a break. I've slipped into 'me' mode and I can tell you that I am weary. Too many very early morning risings. Too many nights of waking two or three times in the night to lie awake, not in panic or worry or for any good reason except to lie there, experiencing the loveliness of being in bed and in the dark, in my own home, knowing the alarm isn't going off for hours yet and that the man next to me is so loved and so loving it takes my breath away. I don't think of what I don't have, nor what I wish I had. I just am. Perhaps I am closer to the real me at that time of night when all is still around me. What comes across is this: I am content. I am happy with the life I have, with the person I've become, with the circumstances I've got.

Prehaps I have bitten off more than I can chew in the light of day, but the dark of night says, "There's plenty of time to chew...Go ahead and enjoy yourself."

I can do that.

No comments: